The month of September brought many developments for the cannabis industry, and we’re here to help keep you informed as we look forward through the remainder of the year. Check out what’s new:
- September 24th was National Voter Registration Day— Make sure you register to vote! Cannabis legalization is about more than medicinal and recreational use; it encompasses social justice, equality, civil rights, and much more. Make a difference and help make the earth a greener place!
- Denver’s first cannabis consumption special event license was granted to Denver-based HTBX International for its mobile smoking lounge, called the Hot Box Lounge, which made its first appearance at CRUSH Walls 2019 in the RiNo Arts District.
- Make It Legal Florida, a recreational cannabis legalization campaign, received contributions of $545,000 from both MedMen Enterprises Inc. and Surterra Wellness.
- Ohio refused to add anxiety and autism as qualifying conditions for medical cannabis as a result of The State Medical Board requesting more research before agreeing to the conditions.
- The California State Assembly approved a bill that lets school boards decide whether parents or guardians can administer medical cannabis to their child while on school grounds.
- Colorado regulators announced a new requirement for state licensees to test cannabis for mycotoxin contamination beginning September 15. Mycotoxins, a toxic metabolite made by fungi, spread through crops and can be found in various forms of mold.
- Illinois’ Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) approved its first five “early approval” licenses for dual recreational and medical use dispensaries.
- New York started expunging cannabis convictions for those having records with possession of fewer than two ounces of cannabis.
- The SAFE Banking Act was approved by the U.S. House of Representatives in an astounding 321-103 vote, helping legal cannabis businesses access the same financial services that other legal industries take for granted.
As we look forward to October, we say goodbye to a month of innovation and progress for cannabis. Find the perfect home for your cannabis products with CRATIV® Packaging. As environmentally conscious, child safe, champions for cannabis, our packaging solutions will help you meet regulations while giving you optimal space for branding.
Try a Free Sample!