Creating a Safer Community for Champions of Cannabis
As Champions for Cannabis, we’re always looking to try new ways to enjoy cannabis responsibly. Edibles, smoking, vaping— they all hold a place in our respective smoke stashes and they all have their own benefit to use.
Vaping is traditionally considered an alternative to smoking that offers several benefits as opposed to the traditional joint. It’s convenient and discreet; often easy to be consumed without creating an odor and easy to store in your pocket or purse for travel; and cannabis users can vape different forms of cannabis concentrates like wax, shatter, live resin, hash oil, or even dried flower.
However, despite the variety of ways to enjoy vaping, it has recently been linked to cases of lung injury and death caused by the inhalation of Vitamin E acetate in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and two U.S. territories (Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands), according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This is a result of unlicensed retailers selling unregulated THC products. In fact, illegal vape carts can contain multiple known contaminants that could cause lung injury if inhaled.
This vape crisis is an important moment for our industry. As we try to remove the stigma, we first need to clean up the space we’re a part of by keeping all cannabis users safe and responsible. So we’ve compiled a list of tips to help you find the right vape brands for your needs. Vape safely with these tips:
- Legitimately licensed vape companies have begun testing their products and publishing the results on their websites for credibility. Do research on the vape brands in your area. Check if they’re testing and publishing their test results.
- Purchase products from reputable retailers or dispensaries in legal states.
- Research. Use online resources like WeedMaps or Leafly to read reviews and check out a brand’s reputation before purchasing.
- Avoid purchasing cartridges that are sold without any packaging or that are sold significantly below market price.
- Know your brands. Don’t experiment with unknown brands. Look to purchase products from reputable brands with a good history of safety.
- Only buy tested, regulated adult-use and medical cannabis products in legal states.
- Buy from licensed dispensaries. You can use Leafly’s store finder to locate licensed stores and dispensaries in your area.
- Check the lab results. Licensed brands provide test results to retailers, so ask your budtender for the product’s COA (certificate of analysis). Be aware that some illicit brands may fake lab results with fraudulent COA’s, but you can always check with the listed lab for confirmation of the results.
- Trust your instinct and don’t take risks. If you think something is off with your product, trust your instincts and stop using it. It’s better to be safe than worry about your next high.
- Try an alternative. For those cannabis lovers that don’t want to take the risk, extracts like rosin and live rosin are good options because they aren’t processed with harsh chemicals. Or you can opt for the traditional flower or the delicious treat of edibles.
As Champions for Cannabis, we remain dedicated to removing the stigma surrounding cannabis use, improving our industry, and providing cannabis brands and users with a community of individuals looking to elevate their view on life. Be sure to thank the brands you trust and share their names so the business’s that deserve growth and exposure, receive it. Most of all, toke safely!
CRATIV has an integrated line of Certified Child Resistant Packaging as well as inserts made exclusively for vape products and vape cartridges.
Request FREE samples by filling out the form below!